Dependent daughter (18) to add to permanent VISA query??

cherries002

We are waiting for our regional sponsorship (489). My eldest daughter is included as a dependent as she is still in education. We are aiming to apply for permanent residency once we are eligible. She plans to get back into education after taking 6 months off to do some voluntary work. My question is, has anyone applied for permanent residency for their older children and what obstacles may we be faced with ??

We don't have the option of applying for a permanent visa prior to leaving as I fall short of the points, hope someone can help :wink::mask:

We are waiting for our regional sponsorship (489). My eldest daughter is included as a dependent as she is still in education. We are aiming to apply for permanent residency once we are eligible. She plans to get back into education after taking 6 months off to do some voluntary work. My question is, has anyone applied for permanent residency for their older children and what obstacles may we be faced with ??

We don't have the option of applying for a permanent visa prior to leaving as I fall short of the points, hope someone can help :wink::mask:

If she is still in full time education by the time you get to that stage then it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Me, I would probably go for zero risk though and would try to avoid any gap in education or keep it as small as possible. I am not suggesting what you say would be problematic, just me being super cautious.

If she is in full time education it should be easy enough to show dependency, but you should try and show money trail is paying for mobile phone, buying clothes, transfering money in to her account etc.

But if you were not able to show dependency as she was working, if she was working full time for 1 year and living for 2 years in Reginal Australia she could qualify for her own 887 visa as a holder of a 489 even tho she was a secondary applicant on the original application.

Thanks, I think we will allow her to have a couple of months ONLY!! Off and get her back into education once she arrives. As soon was we hit the 2 year mark we shall apply for the permanent visa. She could stay in the UK and complete her studies but to be honest she's quite a young 18 and would not be feasible for her to remAin in the UK. I think it would be good to get into the social aspect of study in OZ allowing her to build up her own social network.

Thanks for the replies, any further advice is always greatly appreciated. I asked my migration agent but she's advised to contact the DIBP over there after we arrive for more current up to date criteria as she said there is no clear guideline that she can locate.

Thanks, I think we will allow her to have a couple of months ONLY!! Off and get her back into education once she arrives. As soon was we hit the 2 year mark we shall apply for the permanent visa. She could stay in the UK and complete her studies but to be honest she's quite a young 18 and would not be feasible for her to remAin in the UK. I think it would be good to get into the social aspect of study in OZ allowing her to build up her own social network.

Thanks for the replies, any further advice is always greatly appreciated. I asked my migration agent but she's advised to contact the DIBP over there after we arrive for more current up to date criteria as she said there is no clear guideline that she can locate.

I really don't think that is good enough from your migration agent. It is not that complex or unusual a situation, certainly not for an agent.

If be getting a new agent lol! What kind of MARA agent suggests you contact DIBP for advice - that's ridiculous. Anyone who spends an hour browsing this forum knows they are horrendous for providing any kind of "advice" and can't be trusted to give it (it's really not what they are there for).

If be getting a new agent lol! What kind of MARA agent suggests you contact DIBP for advice - that's ridiculous. Anyone who spends an hour browsing this forum knows they are horrendous for providing any kind of "advice" and can't be trusted to give it (it's really not what they are there for).

Totally agree. That's shocking!

To the OP: are you sure that your agent has advised you to contact the Department of Immigration for advice?

If I might be so bold, I think that is an improbable comment from a registered migration agent.

Best regards.

Alan,

I did not mention your company on the original or later postings but I am actually assigned to your company to assist with my visa and it was one of your employees who gave me this advice. I am rather perturbed by the reply I got as I have spent a lot of money to date for your professional services. I welcome your reply, I shall forward a copy of the email by PM to you for your reference.

K.Regards

Hello cherries002.

Yes, since I posted some 12 hours ago I have been made aware that the comment was made by one of my colleagues.

She is now aware that as a firm we do not recommend contacting the Department of Immigration for advice - apologies on her behalf for this inadvertent comment.

Best regards.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest98336

I secured a 457 for my 20yr-old son - who is in employment.

PM me for more info if interested.